Energy Analyst – Denver
BTU Analytics is a team of curious, highly driven individuals who want to figure out the answers to the most complex questions in the energy industry. Our business is to deliver critical, timely analysis of fundamental information to our client base of private equity, producers, midstream companies and end users through thoughtful products and customized analytics. The company was born out of a desire to innovate and analyze what matters to the market now and in the future. Team members at BTU Analytics are given the opportunity to explore the energy industry from the unique perspective of advising the most influential participants in the market.
Being an Energy Analyst at BTU Analytics entails much more than just locating, gathering, and analyzing energy data in a proficient and timely manner. Analysts are expected to learn the mechanics of the energy market, understand and quantify the trends impacting the industry, and communicate effectively with our clients to tie our conclusions back to their own commercial decisions.
Energy Analysts typically manage or materially support one of BTU’s products in addition to providing support for bespoke consulting projects. You will analyze large data sets, research market changes, and respond to client and internal inquiries. The knowledge base of our team grows from collaboration and shared experience, so regular, reliable attendance, a proactive nature and willingness to learn from others is a must. You will need to work both independently and as part of a team under time pressure to meet deadlines with rigorous, timely analysis. The flexibility of our team is a key differentiator for BTU Analytics, so effective professional communication and maintaining healthy working relationships with co-workers as individual and team priorities shift is essential. Our firm finds success when our clients are successful, so learning how our data and analysis is used by our clients is critical. The right candidate will be comfortable with customer service in addition to all of the technical skills necessary to develop sound fundamentally analysis.
- Basic mathematical and statistical analysis experience
- Ability to think critically in a high pressured environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- A “client-first” mentality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with large datasets
- SQL experience
- Modeling experience
- Proactive nature, willingness to learn, and taking ownership of tasks
- Financial or economic knowledge/experience a plus
- Proficient writing skills
- Coding experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field of study.
- 0-3 years of previous experience in an energy related field
Submit Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org