Senior Energy Analyst
BTU Analytics is a team of curious, highly-driven individuals who want to figure out the answers to the most complex questions in the energy industry. Our business is to deliver critical analysis of fundamental information to our client base of private equity, producers, midstream companies and end users through thoughtful products and customized analysis. The company was born out of a desire to innovate and analyze what matters to the market now and in the future. Team members at BTU Analytics are given the opportunity to explore the energy industry from the unique perspective of advising the most influential participants in the market.
As a leader on our Analytics team, a Senior Energy Analyst already possesses a deep understanding of certain niches of the energy industry and is able to incorporate previously gained expertise into ideas for new areas of research and analysis. He/she participates in discussions with partners and managers regarding fundamental forecast modeling, recognizes market trends, and is able to help develop new ways to model factors impacting market fundamentals, and is comfortable communicating BTU’s base case views to C-level executives. Senior Energy Analysts are expected to manage research projects that will end up as featured analysis in our suite of products and contribute to the customized due diligence we perform to support industry M&A activity. A Senior Energy Analyst is expected to build relationships with our clients, identify client needs as well as provide customer service that sets our analysis apart from the competition. We routinely work in multiple commodities in search of the right answer and anyone on our team is expected to be able to do so seamlessly. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with both customer service and all of the technical skills necessary to develop sound fundamental analysis.
- Mathematical and statistical analysis experience
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- A “client-first” mentality
- Team player
- Experience working with large datasets
- SQL experience
- Modeling experience
- Proactive nature
- Financial or economic knowledge/experience
- Commercial experience in the energy industry
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field of study.
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field of study a plus.
- 3 – 5 Years of Energy Industry Experience
Submit Resume to email@example.com