Shale oil and the removal of the crude oil export ban has fundamentally changed the role of the US in global oil markets. In this new world, the US is increasingly in the forefront of the minds of major global oil players, and the individual decisions of thousands of US oil companies impacts the decisions made by traditionally powerful parties like OPEC.
To help our clients navigate the role of the US in this new environment, BTU Analytics has developed the Oil Market Outlook. This report builds upon our ground-up oil production forecasts developed as part of our Upstream Outlook and layers on additional research, analysis, and models to forecast the pricing impacts of regional transportation dynamics for the major US oil hubs. Finally, this fundamental US analysis is framed by the examination of global oil market dynamics, driven by proprietary models built on global data sets, to understand the pricing risks and opportunities facing US oil producers.
Dedicated coverage includes:
- 24-month outlook on the global supply and demand balance and commentary on its incorporation into BTU Analytics’ WTI pricing outlook
- 5-year price forecast for WTI and differential forecasts for WTI Midland, Brent, the DJ Basin, Guernsey, field Bakken pricing, and the Eagle Ford
- Production forecasts, differential analysis, breakeven pricing trends, and drilling inventory by economics for the major oil plays including: the Permian Basin, the Williston Basin, the DJ Basin, and the Eagle Ford
- Forecasts and analysis of major global oil players expected to drive oil market pricing over the coming years, including Middle East parties, Russia, Libya, Nigeria, and Venezuela
- Commentary on changes in EIA US fundamental data such as US exports, refinery utilization, imports, and crude storage
What does this service include?
- Monthly PDF covering the highlights listed above
- A data file with 60-month pricing outlook for WTI, Brent, WTI Midland, the Bakken, Guernsey, the DJ Basin, and the Eagle Ford
- A data file with regional production forecasts for the major US oil producing basins with a corresponding list of existing and announced takeaway projects for each region
- Access to the analysts that write the report, create and maintain the models, and interpret the market dynamics