Energy Analyst II – Denver
BTU Analytics is a team of curious, highly driven individuals who want to figure out the answers to the most complex questions in the energy industry. Our business is to deliver critical, timely analysis of fundamental information to our client base of private equity, producers, midstream companies and end users through thoughtful products and customized analytics. The company was born out of a desire to innovate and analyze what matters to the market now and in the future. Team members at BTU Analytics are given the opportunity to explore the energy industry from the unique perspective of advising the most influential participants in the market.
As an experienced contributor on our Analytics team, an Energy Analyst II already possesses an understanding of certain niches of the energy industry and can incorporate previously gained expertise into ideas for new areas of research and analysis. He/she participates in discussions with partners and managers regarding fundamental forecast modeling, recognizes market trends and is able to help develop new ways to model factors impacting market fundamentals, and is comfortable communicating BTU’s base case views to C-level executives both remotely and in-person. An Energy Analyst II is expected to contribute to research projects that will end up as featured analysis in our suite of products and contribute to the customized due diligence we perform to support industry M&A activity. An Energy Analyst II is expected to build relationships with our clients to learn about client needs as well as provide customer service that sets our analysis apart from the competition. The knowledge base of our team grows from collaboration and shared experience, so regular, reliable attendance, a willingness to learn and to teach/mentor others is a key part of the role. The flexibility of our team is a key differentiator for BTU Analytics, so effective professional communication and maintaining healthy working relationships with co-workers as individual and team priorities shift is essential. Some travel is required. The right candidate will be comfortable with customer service in addition to all the technical skills necessary to develop sound fundamental analysis.
- Mathematical and statistical analysis experience
- Ability to think critically in a high-pressured environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- A “client-first” mentality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with large data sets
- SQL experience
- Modeling experience
- Proactive nature, willingness to learn, can develop action plan in ambiguous situations
- Financial or economic knowledge/experience a plus
- Coding experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field of study.
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field of study a plus.
- 2 or more years of previous experience in an energy industry role.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com